PSG in late approach for Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil following Neymar’s injury

first_img Metro Sport ReporterWednesday 30 Jan 2019 5:47 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link1.2kShares Advertisement PSG in late approach for Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil following Neymar’s injury The French champions have reached out to Ozil about a loan move (Picture: Getty)Paris Saint-Germain have made a last-minute move for Mesut Ozil but the German has told them he does not want to leave Arsenal on loan, according to reports in his homeland.The French champions have already been busy in the January window, signing Leandro Paredes and looking to bring in another midfielder, but their priorities have changed after Neymar was sidelined.PSG expect the Brazilian to miss the next 10 weeks and Thomas Tuchel is desperate for cover, with German newspaper Suddeutsche Zeitung claiming they have approached Ozil. PSG are short of options with Neymar out until the start of April (Picture: Getty)However, the Arsenal man has rejected their advances despite offering to pay his enormous wages in full and says he does not want to be loaned out.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTArsenal are believed to be willing to let Ozil leave, with his £350,000-a-week salary giving them precious little room to bring in new signings on anything other than a temporary basis.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityNeymar has broken his metatarsal and will miss both legs of PSG’s Champions League last-16 tie against Manchester United, though could be back for the quarter-finals if they reach the next round.Ozil is only seen as a stop-gap by Tuchel, who feels his side are light on creativity now Neymar has been ruled out of action.center_img Advertisement Comment Ozil made a rare start on Tuesday and even captained the side (Picture: Getty)The 30-year-old World Cup winner has been on the periphery of the first-team picture under Unai Emery this season, with reports suggesting the new manager does not trust him in bigger, more physical contests.He did, however, return to the starting XI for Tuesday’s win over Cardiff City, even handed the captain’s armband, though Emery was brief in his assessment of Ozil’s performance afterwards, saying only: ‘He worked like we wanted. It was good.’More: Manchester United FCRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starNew Manchester United signing Facundo Pellistri responds to Edinson Cavani praiseEx-Man Utd coach blasts Ed Woodward for two key transfer errorslast_img read more

Transocean to send six floaters to scrapyard

first_imgOffshore driller Transocean is set to retire six of its ultra-deepwater floating rigs.The rigs in question are GSF Jack Ryan, Sedco Energy, Sedco Express, Cajun Express, and Deepwater Pathfinder, and the deepwater floater Transocean Marianas.The rigs will be classified as held for sale and will be recycled in an environmentally responsible manner, Transocean said.  All six rigs were previously cold stacked.The company will recognize an impairment charge of approximately $1.4 billion during the third quarter of 2017 associated with these actions.“We continue to enhance the quality of our fleet through the addition of new, high-specification assets, and the retirement of older, less competitive rigs,” said Jeremy Thigpen, President and Chief Executive Officer.“We remain committed to providing our customers with the most technically capable and highest quality ultra-deepwater and harsh environment assets in the industry, and will continue to objectively evaluate our rigs and high-grade our fleet as the market evolves.”last_img read more

French Cup: Six-goal PSG zoom into semi-finals as Lyon knock out Marseille

first_img Thiago Silva added a third four minutes after the break with a header from a corner before Pablo Sarabia ended Dijon’s resistance by pushing home his 11th of the season on the rebound. Senou Coulibaly watched on in horror with five minutes left when Mbappe’s cross looped off his thigh over helpless stopper Runar Alex Runarsson, before Sarabia tapped home his second in stoppage time from another Mbappe centre. Later, Lyon coach Rudi Garcia knocked his former side Marseille out as Houssem Aouar scored an 81st minute winner. The winning goal came 10 minutes after Lyon’s Moussa Dembele had a penalty – awarded when Hiroki Sakai handled a shot from Karl Toko Ekambi – saved by Yohan Pele in the Marseille goal. Paris Saint-Germain cruised into the semi-finals of the French Cup on Wednesday after thumping Dijon 6-1 in a match that saw the French champions benefit again from comical own goals. PSG were ahead just 47 seconds after kick off thanks to Wesley Lautoa shanking Mitchel Bakker’s low cross into his own net to the bemusement of his teammates. Senou Coulibaly could do nothing as Mbappe’s cross flicked off his thigh and into his own net It was the second own goal in a week to be scored for PSG, who also saw Lyon’s Fernando Marcal slam a stunning effort past his own goalkeeper at the weekend. However the hosts were level in the 13th minute thanks to a impressive low curling effort from Mounir Chouiar, which squeezed past Kaylor Navas. While the away side were far from full strength, with Angel Di Maria and Mauro Icardi on the bench and Neymar not even in the squad, Thomas Tuchel’s team did include Kylian Mbappe and Edinson Cavani, who was making his first start in over a month after nearly moving to Atletico Madrid in January. The Uruguayan was left waiting his 200th goal for the club in the 21st minute when he turned home Thomas Meunier’s cross, only for the strike to be ruled out for handball by the Belgian after a VAR check. “It’s not that bad because he can score his 200th goal on Saturday (against Amiens) or Tuesday (against Borussia Dortmund). I can feel he’s there,” said Tuchel. On the match, he added: “I’m happy because we deserved the victory. It’s a huge performance.” Mbappe put PSG ahead a minute before the break, punishing Jhonder Cadiz’s miss when clean through seconds before by clinically slotting home a similar chance. Read Also: PSG plotting shock freebie move for unsettled Barcelona star  It was the third time this season that Dembele had missed from the spot for Lyon. On Thursday, fourth division side Epinal – last 16 conquerers of Lille – will look to continue their stunning cup run going when they host Saint-Etienne. They will try to succeed where fellow fourth-tier outfit Belfort failed following their 3-0 defeat to holder Rennes on Tuesday. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 center_img Loading…last_img read more

AFCON Qualifiers: Cranes call up thrills Uche Ikpeazu

first_img Promoted ContentEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show YouFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread ArtWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?7 Universities In The World Where Education Costs Too Much9 Iconic Roles That Could Have Been Played By Different ActorsCan You Imagine Quitting A Role Because Of Dislike For W. Smith?9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooBest Car Manufacturers In The WorldThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MorePlaying Games For Hours Can Do This To Your Body6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right Now Ikpeazu who has been on loan to several clubs including Crewe Alexandra, port Vale and Blackpool, moved from Cambridge United to Hearts in 2018. He has so far made over 40 appearances for Hearts with five goals to his credit. Cranes coach Johnathan McKinstry released his squad ahead of the two legged Afcon clash against South Sudan on March 28 and 31 with Ikpeazu as one of the three new players included in the team. Read Also Finally Cyriel  Dessers gets Eagles call up as Rohr names 24 for S/Leone Aside from Ikpeazu the other two new comers to Cranes camp are Elvis Okello Bwomono who plies his trade with English League One outfit Southend United and Jayden Onen who plays for English Championship side Brentford. Uganda will host South Sudan at Mandela National Stadium, Namboole on Saturday, March 28 in the first leg with the return leg to be played three days later at Al-Hilal Stadium in Khartoum, Sudan. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… center_img Nigeria born Heart of Midlothian forward Uche Ikpeazu is in celebration mood for following his invitation by Cranes of Uganda ahead of the AFCON 2021 qualifiers. The 25 year old former Cambridge United ace is born of a Nigerian father and Ugandan mother is ordinarily eligible to play for Nigeria but has chosen to pitch tent with his maternal lineage. He described his invitation to the Ugandan national team as a dream come true. Bright stars of South Sudan to clash with Cranes of Uganda March 28 March “It’s always been a dream to represent my country. I thank God for this opportunity and I’m looking forward to testing myself at international level and hopefully achieving great things with Uganda Cranes,” he tweeted.Advertisementlast_img read more

3 persons fall in buy-bust

first_imgCuadra, Ricopuerto and Filoteo werenabbed after they sold suspected illegal drugs to an undercover officer forP200 around 2 p.m. on Wednesday, it added.  BACOLOD City – Three persons werearrested in a buy-bust operation in Barangay 2. The suspects were detained in thelockup facility of Police Station 2, facing charges for violation of RepublicAct 9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002./PNcenter_img Suspected shabu weighing about 12grams valued at around P180,000 was seized from 20-year-old Christian MarkCuadra, 28-year-old Mark Ricopuerto and 22-year-old Christopher John Filoteo, apolice report showed.   last_img

P18-M ‘shabu’ seized in Bacolod buy-bust

first_imgMugshot of drug suspect Kenneth Jacosalem who was arrested in an entrapment operation in Barangay Taculing, Bacolod City on Jan. 10. POLICE STATION 3/BCPO Bacolod City – Suspected shabu weighing about 1.2 kilograms valued aroundP18.08 million was seized in a buy-bust operation in Barangay Taculing. Meanwhile, Lieutenant Colonel ArielPico, spokesperson of the Bacolod City Police Office, said this was the biggestaccomplishment so far on the police station level. Pico denied the presence of ‘shabu’laboratory in the city.         The 27-year-old “high-value” suspectKenneth Jacosalem yielded the suspected illegal drugs, said Major Ruel Culanag,station commander of Police Station 3.center_img He said the large haul can beattributed to the upcoming festivals in Negros Occidental./PN The suspect was detained and chargedwith violation of Republic Act 9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Actof 2002. Jacosalem sold a sachet of suspectedshabu to an undercover officer for P1,000 around 3:30 a.m. on Jan. 10. He triedto evade arrest but failed when police officers caught him around 5:45 a.m.,Culanag added.   last_img read more

La Castellana man stabbed to death

first_imgOfficers of the La Castellana municipalpolice station conducted a manhunt operation against Sincero, who fled afterthe incident./PN The 25-year-old resident Ricky Lumontadsustained stab wounds on the body, a police report showed. Police identified the suspect asresident Jimmy Sincero, 33, it added. Lumontad was rushed to the rural healthunit of the town where the attending physician declared him “dead onarrival.”  According to police investigators, Lumontadand Sincero were having a drinking spree at the house of Manny Domingo around7:45 p.m. on April 6. BACOLOD City – A man was stabbed todeath in Barangay Mansalanao, La Castellana, Negros Occidental. When Lumontad went to urinate, thesuspect followed him and stabbed the victim several times using a bladedweapon, police said. But it was not immediately established what circumstance led to the stabbing.last_img read more

June 28, 2017 Police Blotter

first_imgJune 28, 2017 Police Blotter062817 Batesville Police Blotter062817 Decatur County EMS Report062817 Decatur County Fire Report062817 Decatur County Jail Report062817 Decatur County Law Reportlast_img

Man Utd extend Sanchez, Smalling loan deals for Serie A only

first_img Read Also: Video: Young nets stunning volley from Sanchez cross Neither team had negotiated options to buy for the pair, although it is possible permanent transfers could yet take place this summer. It is also possible United will register them for the Europa League, given clubs can bring in three new faces and the cup-tied rule has been scrapped. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 “Manchester United pair Chris Smalling and Alexis Sanchez will both see out the remainder of the 2019/20 domestic campaign in Italy, after the decision was made to extend their loan contracts with Roma and Inter Milan respectively,” read a statement on United’s official website. “Smalling will stay at the Stadio Olimpico for the rest of the Serie A season, which is currently scheduled to last until the beginning of August, due to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. “Alexis’s deal at Inter Milan has also been extended until the end of the first week of next month.” That means Inter and Roma will only be able to count on the pair for the remaining 10 Serie A fixtures. Loading… Promoted ContentBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WaySome Impressive And Almost Shocking Robots That Exist8 Weird Facts About Coffee That Will Surprise YouDid You Know There’s A Black Hole In The Milky Way?6 Incredibly Strange Facts About Hurricanes7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The Universe10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone10 Bollywood Celeb Weight Loss Transformations That Will Stun YouWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?What Are The Chances Of An Apocalypse Happening This Century?center_img Both sides will be competing with the Red Devils when the Europa League resumes next month. Manchester United have announced that Alexis Sanchez and Chris Smalling will return from Inter and Roma once Serie A finishes this season.last_img read more

Watford sack manager after 10 games

first_imgRelatedPosts EPL: Son fires four past Southampton Trio of signings make instant impact as Everton stun Spurs EPL: Spurs, Everton light up London Quique Sanchez Flores has been sacked by Watford less than three months after returning to the club for a second spell in charge. Watford lost 1-2 to relegation rivals Southampton on Saturday and sit bottom of the Premier League, six points from safety. “Quique is a man of great integrity and it was clear how much he wanted to have a positive impact, but ultimately results have dictated our decision,” Hornets’ Chairman and CEO Scott Duxbury said. “The appointment of a new head coach is imminent, and with nearly two-thirds of the season remaining, we will provide all the support necessary to make the coming months successful.” Watford are now set to name a 10th manager since 2013. Sources have told ESPN FC that Chris Hughton and Paul Clement are among the candidates to replace Sanchez Flores, who oversaw just one win in 10 Premier League games. The Spaniard was previously in charge of Watford during the 2015-16 season during which he led the club to an FA Cup semifinal and a 13th place finish in the Premier League. He is the fourth manager to be fired this Premier League season after Mauricio Pochettino at Tottenham, Unai Emery at Arsenal and Javi Gracia at Watford.Tags: Arsenal FCJavi GraciaMauricio PochettinoQuique Sanchez FloresTottenham HotspurUnai EmeryWatford FClast_img read more