Borussia Dortmund forward Marco Reus feels that remaining calm and sticking to the plan was key to their 3-0 win over AS Monaco in the Champions LeagueThe Germany international was among the goalscorers in the second-half as Dortmund claimed another win to retain top spot in Group A with youngsters Jadon Sancho and Jacob Bruun Larsen grabbing the other two goals.“Monaco did very well in the first half, and at times they moved the ball around well. We had some problems creating chances to score, but we didn’t become nervous,” Reus told the Bundesliga website.“We had a good gameplan, wanted to play patiently and already showed that Monaco were slightly vulnerable in defence. In the second half, we played better from the back and created more gaps ahead of us.”The 29-year credited new head coach Lucien Favre for their unbeaten start to the season with Dortmund the new leaders of the Bundesliga.Merson believes Arsenal should sign Sancho Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho might be the perfect player to play for the Gunners, according to former England international Paul Merson.“I know what our coach can do and what kind of philosophy he has, so it doesn’t come as a surprise to me,” said Reus.“We certainly won’t beat all our opponents easily, but the way we’ve been playing – especially in our past two or three matches – makes me feel very positive and we know we can always score. There’s still a lot to do, though.“Monaco also had two or three really good chances on the break. If they’d done better with those, it could have been really dangerous for us. We currently have momentum on our side, but we still have to work hard for that.”Dortmund will next face FC Augsburg in the Bundesliga on Saturday.
Aston Villa loanee Mitchell Clark is set to return to action this weekend after suffering an injury that laid him off for three weeks.The 19-year-old suffered a hamstring injury in Vale’s 1-0 home defeat to Swindon Town in November which ruled him out of matches against Yeovil Town, Stoke City U21s and Morecambe.Aston Villa explains why they spent so much money on players Manuel R. Medina – September 6, 2019 According to Aston Villa’s chief executive, the team needed to spend £144.5 million on 12 players in order to stay competitive.Clark has now recovered and is set to return to Port Vale’s starting lineup for their match with Cheltenham Town on Saturday, according to Birmingham Mail. Aston Villa are particularly interested in the match as striker Kelsey Mooney who is currently on loan at Cheltenham will also feature in the League two clash.Aston Villa have an option to recall Clark to their team in the January transfer window should club manager Dean Smith wish to use him in the first team or a club in League One seek his services.
KUSI Newsroom, Posted: May 28, 2019 KUSI Newsroom City of San Diego urges residents to check if they are owed unclaimed money Updated: 4:44 PM May 28, 2019 SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – San Diego residents were urged Tuesday to check online to see if the city owes them a portion of nearly $1 million in unclaimed money.The city currently has more than 2,100 accounts totaling roughly $1 million in unclaimed money, much of which belongs to residents and businesses that have done business with the city in the last three years. The payments range in amount from $1 to $66,797, according to the city.Checks are regularly returned to the city because they are undeliverable based on the address the city has on file. After six months of remaining uncashed, those checks become unclaimed money.“We want to refund every single dollar of unclaimed money,” said Fanela Espiritu, the disbursements manager with the city’s Department of Finance. “A simple search is all it takes to verify if you were issued a check that has gone unclaimed. There is no charge to search the data or to file a claim.”Since this time last year, the city has returned nearly $800,000 to 166 recipients, with the average claim totaling $4,753.Residents can search the city’s unclaimed money report at sandiego.gov/finance/unclaimed, which is update each quarter. Money can not be claimed once it has been unclaimed for more than a year, according to the city. Residents have until June 21 to claim checks issued before April 1, 2018. We might owe you money! Anyone who has done business with the City in the past three years, including paying business taxes, could be owed part of nearly $1 million. Check to see if you are on the list: https://t.co/0NErMQuMaS pic.twitter.com/yriphCk2jQ— City of San Diego (@CityofSanDiego) May 28, 2019 Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter
Sean Bumgarner, Rodale’s interactive design director, says the company’s history with developing branded spinoff apps, such as Jimmy the Bartender and a variety of magazine-branded exercise and recipe apps, has helped prove the market for a full Men’s Health brand introduction for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Plus, when readers download a tablet version of the magazine, they automatically get the iPhone version as well. Of that audience, Bumgarner says usage went from six percent to 16 percent on the iPhone since June—a market of users that Rodale believes is very different from the iPad. “It’s a separate market opportunity from the tablet,” says Bumgarner. “In addition to the tablet, people want the latest iPhone, too. They are significantly different experiences.”Men’s Health’s enhanced iPhone edition uses a color- and icon-coded system to help readers navigate the content using standard scrubber and swipe motions. With the notion that readers tend to interact with content on the iPhone while doing other things, like waiting in line, Bumgarner says a premium was placed on quickly conveying a section’s meaning on the first page. iPhone usage, he says, tends to mimic the flipping and browsing habits readers have with the print magazine. “It’s not a lean-back experience like the iPad. They need a quick flash and dive in and out of the content. We decided to use the full screen and then use a tap to show the text. We wanted to maintain a sense of scale and maximize what you’re getting in the screen space,” he says. Despite the screen limitations, the full content of the magazine is available in the iPhone version—except for the ads. Gillette is the exclusive sponsor for the first enhanced version and Bumgarner says that if there isn’t a single sponsor for the issue, advertising will be limited. “People want to use their phone for everything,” says Bumgarner. “So it’s not as much about replicating as much as finding a way for telling the stories. The tablet is such a great way to showcase content and photography, but from a design point of view this was a much more conceptual challenge to figure out how people were going to use this content.”A pull-out exercise poster that appears in every issue, for example, was recast as frame-by-frame animations for the iPad. On the iPhone version, however, a video shows the content with a fitness editor providing instructions with a voiceover. Again, the iPhone version leverages its take-along characteristic for the gym. “If you’re in the gym, you don’t want to be noodling around using the scrubber on the tablet to go frame by frame,” says Bumgarner. An essay written by Garrison Keillor includes an audio version narrated by the author, with a slideshow featuring images of subjects noted in the essay for further interaction. Plans include a Women’s Health version to launch in October, but Bumgarner is taking a wait-and-see approach on the other Rodale brands. A single issue is priced at $4.99 and a one-year sub is $23.99. Rodale says Men’s Health has sold about 60,000 digital copies, with more than 51,000 digital subscribers. Rodale’s Men’s Health, which launched a PDF replica for the iPhone in June, has significantly stepped up the mobile edition to be, in a sense, a mini-iPad version of the magazine with greater interactivity and navigation. But rather than squeezing the tablet edition into the iPhone format, the mobile version has been reimagined specifically for the small screen.
Two analysts argue that House Armed Services Chairman Mac Thornberry’s proposal to eliminate seven defense support agencies as part of an effort to cut $25 billion in annual spending from Pentagon overhead would have the paradoxical impact of hampering DOD’s ability to trim waste in the future. By shuttering the Office of Economic Adjustment, the plan would make it more difficult to close unneeded facilities, state William Hartung, director of the Arms and Security Project at the Center for International Policy, and Miriam Pemberton, a federal budgeting expert and an associate fellow at the Institute for Policy Studies, in separate op-eds.“Going after military waste, Rep. Thornberry wants to shut down the agency whose job it is to help the Pentagon get rid of expensive bases it doesn’t need or want. Tell me what sense this makes,” Pemberton says. OEA has helped communities convert excess military bases into new civilian uses while replacing most of the lost civilian jobs, both point out.“Eliminating the agency will enable waste writ large, on a scale larger than anything that might be saved by reducing bureaucracy alone,” Hartung says. He describes the proposal as “a faux reform plan that is the policy equivalent of rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.”DOD photo by Army Sgt. James McCann Dan Cohen AUTHOR
Nearly 3 million people follow the Houston Rockets on Twitter. Several college football and gymnastic teams reportedly got their Twitter accounts suspended over the weekend for posting tweets with copyrighted music as well. This aggression will not stand, man. https://t.co/amrO5lCmUW— Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) May 20, 2019 Share your voice Twitter’s headquarters in San Francisco. James Martin/CNET The Houston Rockets appeared to have fouled on their Twitter account. The basketball team’s Twitter account was suspended following copyright complaints, Twitter said Monday. The tech company declined to share more about the complaints or if this suspension was temporary.The Houston Rockets’ Twitter account has been suspended. Screenshot by Queenie Wong/CNET A message on the Rockets’ account says Twitter suspends accounts that violate its rules. Twitter may suspend an account if it receives multiple copyright complaints.The Rockets didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment. The team told the Houston Chronicle in a statement that the account was temporarily pulled down because they posted tweets with copyrighted music. “We are working to correct the issue now,” the Rockets said in the statement.Twitter users took to the social media site to poke fun at the suspension and speculate why the account went silent.Even Sen. Ted Cruz, a Texas Republican, weighed in on the suspension by tweeting “This aggression will not stand, man.” The Rockets were eliminated in the playoffs this month after losing to the Golden State Warriors in the Western Conference Semifinals. On Monday, the ESPN Bay Area Twitter account tweeted that Warriors point guard Steph Curry “not only erased the Rockets from the postseason, but he has now erased their twitter account.” Warriors star @StephenCurry30 not only erased the Rockets from the postseason, but he has now erased their twitter account. pic.twitter.com/gkgwhBqyqw— ESPN Bay Area 🗯 (@ESPN_BayArea) May 20, 2019 0 Tags Post a comment Internet Services Tech Industry Twitter
Download AudioMedicaid is one of the biggest drivers of Alaska’s state spending.At the same time, Alaska has the nation’s highest suicide rate, and a growing problem with opioid addiction.There is a new effort to address both issues. State leaders believe they can lower the long term growth in Medicaid costs – and make Alaskans healthier mentally and physically.They plan to do that by better coordinating behavioral health care – the treatment of mental health and addiction.At a recent Senate Medicaid Reform Subcommittee hearing, Health Commissioner Valerie Davidson said it will be a challenge.“This is hard stuff,” Davidson said. “If it was easy, Alaska would have done it long ago. And the great news is we have folks who have come together who are really interested in really changing the way that we deliver behavioral health services in our state, so that Alaskans can get the care that they need.”In practice, it means more Alaskans will be screened for behavioral health issues in primary care settings. And a wider range of licensed counselors and therapists would be able to treat Medicaid recipients in a wider range of settings, like in a doctor’s office.Davidson says current gaps in behavioral health care lead to other problems.“We are seeing it in the number of children who experience in child maltreatment,” said Davidson. “And unfortunately, when we’re dealing with children, what we know is to the extent that that occurs, that can become a multigenerational issue, that if we don’t provide resources to family members who are in crisis where we have places where they can actually go to receive help, we are never going to get ahead of this problem.”A recent state-commissioned report recommended the state hire an organization that would increase the state’s capacity to provide behavioral health care, and manage a coordinated system.While that organization would cost more than five million dollars per year starting in 2018, the state projects that it would save a larger amount in future years.Despite the state’s massive budget deficit, Anchorage Republican Senator Cathy Giessel was on board.“I appreciate the encouragement to invest in behavioral health and frankly I view it in the same way as investing in oil and gas credits for exploration,” Geissel said. “It pays off in the long run, though it costs a bit upfront.”This coordinated approach is already practiced in some areas.For example, Southcentral Foundation serves Alaska Natives with psychologists and social workers who treat patients in the same health centers as primary care providers.The Alaska Mental Health Trust Authority board supports better integration of behavioral health care into the rest of the healthcare system.Chief Executive Jeff Jessee says state leaders and providers will have to work together like a baseball team.“The trustees believe this is the single biggest thing that the trust will encounter in our 20 years of history, this is an opportunity to truly transform our behavioral health and healthcare system,” said Jessee. “So, it’s the bottom of the ninth, we’re five runs down, we’re not bunting, and we’re not going to get one big swing either. We’re going to have to chunk away at this.”While the groundwork for statewide behavioral health changes would happen over the next year under Governor Bill Walker’s proposed budget, the bulk of the changes wouldn’t occur until 2018.