On the 16th the team will first gather for a practice on the secondary ice surface from 9:30-10:30 p.m. Following the practice will be an intersquad game on September 20 from 8:15-10:15 p.m. on the main ice surface. A second practice will be held on September 23 from 9:30-10:30 p.m. on the secondary ice surface. The ice times will conclude with a second intersquad game on September 27 from 8:15-10:15 p.m. on the main ice surface.The squad will play their first two games of the season in Fort St. John against the Senior Flyers October 18 and 19.Those wanting more information on the upcoming season can email Ryan Carter at email@example.com- Advertisement –
Romero’s motivation to put in the extra work actually came last season. After scoring a CIF-SS individual title, he fell just two rounds short of advancing to the state championships by losing in the consolation third round at the CIF-SS Masters Meet. But rather than pout, he went back to work. He’s now considered one of the favorites at 275 pounds to win a state title. “I think I was just overwhelmed by the competition,” said Romero, who will be one of 14 Santa Fe wrestlers who will compete at this weekend’s CIF-SS Inland Division championships, scheduled for today and Saturday at Los Osos High in Rancho Cucamonga. “I kind of just choked. The competition scared me. This year, I’m not going to let that happen.” A main reason for that swagger is Romero simply is better. He owns a 23-5 tournament record and has placed at each of the five tournaments he’s competed in this season. His 2006-07 resume includes a first place at Nogales and second-place medals at Camarillo and Morro Bay. His most impressive performance by far was a fourth-place finish at the Five Counties Tournament, which usually is a solid barometer for the state competition. He gets to continue to prove the point this weekend when he shoots for his second consecutive CIF-Southern Section individual division championship. “He’s really stepped it up (this season),” Santa Fe coach Sal Garcia said of Romero, ranked fourth in California. “It’s exciting to have him there at heavyweight. He just continues to work hard and get better every week.” “He’s really been pushing himself, getting in better shape in the sprints and in practice,” Garcia said. “Last year he had a problem of getting off the bottom. This year, he’s been getting up.” Romero, whose tournament record includes 18 wins by fall, can see the results as well. “My freshman and sophomore years, I wasn’t placing at any tournaments. Now I’m placing at every one,” he said. “I feel I’m really getting better. I’m ranked fourth in the state, and I’m competing with the state-ranked guys. I know I can get them.” But first he has some work to do this weekend. “Everyone’s goal is to be a state champion,” Romero said. “But if I could just place at state, just get there and just place, I would be happy. “I know you can’t let the mental part of this sport get to you. Even if (the opponent isn’t) ranked, I’m not going to underestimate them. I try to just go out and win a wrestling match. I’ve beaten guys ranked ahead of me already. I just want to keep going, keep going.” firstname.lastname@example.org (562) 698-0955, Ext. 3061 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! SANTA FE SPRINGS – Who said nothing good comes from losing? Certainly not Santa Fe High School’s Lenny Romero, who has shown the discipline and character this season to turn a negative into a positive by becoming one of the top heavyweight wrestlers in the state.
A 79-year-old man has appeared in court charged with a litany of alleged sex abuse charges.The accused man is charged with a total of 53 charges in relation to offences which allegedly took place in Co Donegal. Detective Garda Bosco Gallagher told Falcarragh District Court that he arrested the man and put all charges to him.However, the accused made no reply.Garda Inspector Sean Grant said the Director of Public Prosecutions had consented to prosecution by indictment in the Circuit Court.The court was told that a book of evidence will be served on the accused on December 20th next.Barrister for the accused, Mr Peter Nolan, said the alleged matters were of a “historical nature.”The accused man was released on his own bail bond of €500.Judge Paul Kelly ordered him to be of good behaviour, to sign on each Saturday at Buncrana Garda station and to have no contact with the alleged victim.Man appears in court on litany of alleged sex abuse charges was last modified: September 23rd, 2017 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:courtdonegalsex abuse
Club notes for week of the 04/04/2016.B’iad 10, 20, 21 & 23 na huimhireacha a lotto a tarraingíodh ag deireadh na seachtaine agus níor baineadh póta óir an lotto. Beidh €1800 sa phóta óir don seachtain seo.Bhain na daoine seo leanas €20 an ceann:Matthew Ward – Chapel Road, Maeve Gillespie – Mullaghduff, Denise Gallagher – Ranafast, Donal Johnston – Chapel Road, Ann Davidson – Meenbanad. The 200 Club Winners for April were as follows: €1000 – Cathal Mc Cole, €500 – Connie O’Donnell (St Peters Tce), €300 – Kay Wehrley, €100 – Emma McGowan, €100 – Kevin Bonner. Thanks to all who support this draw and congratulations to all the prize winners.The Reserve played the rearranged league match versus Kilcar away on Saturday past and were beaten on a scoreline of An Clochan Liath 1-9 Kilcar 1-16. Sean Ward Boyle getting the goal and kicking 4 points.Both senior and reserves are in league action this Saturday evening away to Bundoran. The reserves throw in at 5:30pm and the seniors throw in at 7pm.GAA NEWS: DUNGLOE FACE BUNDORAN IN TRICKY AWAY ASSIGNMENT THIS WEEKEND was last modified: April 5th, 2016 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:dungloeGAASport
FULL-TIME: Donegal 0-12 Tyrone 0-10 – Donegal goalkeeper Paul Durcan made an incredible last-gasp save to put his side into the Ulster Championship final.Donegal looked like they were easing their way to victory but Tyrone’s Martin Penrose had other ideas as he closed down on goal into injury time.However an outstretched foot from the Four Masters man saved Donegal from a replay. It was no more than Jim McGuinness’ side deserved as they buckled down against a determined Tyrone side who battled for everything.Played before 17,031 fans, Donegal soaked up the pressure and a strong breeze from the first half and gradually got on top in the second half.Their controlled second half display showed that this panel are learning and didn’t press the self-destruct button.Tyrone will be one of the toughest tests Donegal will have all year and it will be one McGuinness and Rory Gallagher will have learned a lot from. Donegal won the toss and decided to play against the strong wind in the first half.After just two minutes Donegal were dealt a major blow when Neil Magee through injury and he was replaced by David Walsh.Donegal settled and Mark McHugh scored a wonderful opening point after just three minutes.Tyrone leveled things on five minutes with a successful long range free from Joe McMahon.Veteran Stephen O’Neill added another a minute late to put Tyrone in front. Michael Murphy got his first chance from a free after eight minutes and didn’t fluff his lines.At this stage Tyrone looked sharp and were playing Donegal at their own game by putting them under pressure in possession.Tyrone went 0-3 to 0-2 when Donnelly closed down on goal but opted for a point.Joe McMahon had a golden chance for a goal for Tyrone but Paul Durcan puled off a fine stop after 16 minutes. At this stage Tyrone looked the more settled and were finding answers to break through Donegal’s blanket defence.McBrearty leveled things again for Donegal with a fine point after he was fed by Neil Gallagher.After missing a couple of possible chances, Conor Clarke scored a fine point to put Tyrone ahead again on 25 minutes.Letterkenny’s Rory Kavanagh missed a chance a minute later to level the scores when he pulled his shot wide.Donegal got a free and Murphy took Donegal’s first score since the 18th minute in the 29th minute to make it 0-4 to 0-4.Tyrone were bringing the ball out of defence well and Donegal were unable to get the tackle in early.Sean O’Neill put Tyrone in front again but Ryan Bradley won a free and Colm McFadden registered his first point as the half-time whistle drew close.Penrose scored a fine point to put Tyrone’s noses in front two minutes into injury time.Joe McMahon gave Tyrone a two point cushion when he scored form a long range free a minute into the restart.However a fine reply from Kavanagh leveled the score before Tyrone pressed ahead gain.The game was beginning to come to life and a high ball into Colm McFadden who was fouled.The Creeslough man converted the resulting free himself to draw the sides level again.McFadden drew a number of tackles before the ball found its way to Ryan Bradley and the Buncrana powerhouse put Donegal in front 0-9 to 0-8.Both sides were fouling heavily as the game of cat and mouse continued.Martin McIlhinney and Martin O’Reilly came on for Neil Gallagher and David Walsh as McGuinness sought to give his team an advantage in the 54th minute.Stephen O’Neill blazed a close-range effort for Tyrone a couple of minutes later.Michael Murphy was fouled and managed to shake off his injury to put the ball over the bar to give Donegal a two point advantage in the 60th minute.Harte immediately brought in Brian McGuigan to salvage the game but could only watch as a poor kick-out form McConnell was picked up by Lacey to give Donegal a three point lead.The light-bulb seemed to go on for Donegal as a steady build-up was finished when McFadden scored a route one point to make it 0-12 to 0-8 for Donegal.Mickey Harte threw on another couple of subs including Niall McKenna in a bid to put scores on the board.Donegal wore the clock down but there was an unfortunate end when McFadden was shown the line after an altercation off the ball.Derry managed another point and Tyrone almost got through on good but Frank McGlynn managed to pull the ball away to safety.Tyrone came again and Penrose looked like he had snatched a draw for Tyrone only for Durcan to pull off a terrific save.It was the momentum and graft of Donegal which got them enough scores on the board in the second half which hauled them across the line.DURCAN KEEPS DONEGAL’S ULSTER DREAMS IN SAFE HANDS was last modified: July 3rd, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:donegalTyrone
Tags Now playing: Watch this: See All More from MWC 2019 May 13 • Galaxy S10E vs. iPhone XR: Every spec compared 35 Photos The device is almost certainly a revival of the Razr brand, which The Wall Street Journal reported would be coming back with a $1,500 price tag. Engadget on Wednesday confirmed that the phone was coming.The summer launch puts it squarely in between the launch of the Galaxy Fold, slated for April 26, and the Mate X, which will launch around the middle of the year, and further highlights the burgeoning trend of foldable phones. The devices garnered tons of buzz and were the talk of a reinvigorated MWC at a time when interest in phones were starting to mature.Unlike the Galaxy Fold or Mate X, which fold out into larger displays, the Razr’s design, based on schematics from a patent filing discovered by blog 91Mobiles, flips down into a smaller device like the original Razr. News • Forget the Galaxy Fold and Mate X, the Motorola Razr is the foldable phone to beat Phones The design has some advantages, including protection of the display once it’s folded down. If it mimics the original phone, it’ll be much more compact too. But it’s unclear if consumers want to fold away their display. Samsung and Huawei are banking on people preferring the option of the larger display. The original Razr was one of the most recognizable brands and helped drive Motorola’s success for years during the flip phone era. The ultra-thin phone first started off at the then-outrageous price of $500 as an exclusive phone for Cingular Wireless (now AT&T.) It was one of the most successful phones in history, selling more than 50 million units within two years of its debut.Motorola, however, couldn’t capitalize on the success of the Razr, and fell further behind as the industry moved on to more sophisticated phones. Google purchased Motorola in 2012, and then resold it two years later to Lenovo. Motorola has made its mark largely on well-outfitted budget phones like the Moto G franchise and its Moto Z franchise, which is upgradable to 5G via a Moto Mod attachment.Now, Lenovo has a chance to reinvigorate the Motorola brand with the Razr once more.The story originally published on Feb. 27 at 5:25 p.m. PT. Update, Feb. 28 at 4 a.m. PT: To include additional details on prior phones. Galaxy Fold vs. Huawei Mate X: CNET editors react $146 Review • Motorola Razr V3xx Share your voice • Mentioned Above Motorola Special Edition Black Razr V3 (AT&T) See it Mobile World Congress 2019 Huawei Mate X triple threat: Foldable phone with 5G, lots of cameras Motorola Razr Mobile World Congress 2019 Jun 29 • Galaxy S10 5G, OnePlus 7 Pro LG V50 ThinQ 5G: Why you shouldn’t rush to buy a 5G phone CNET may get a commission from retail offers. 9:54 Comments Galaxy Fold vs. Huawei Mate X: Battle of the foldable phones Galaxy S10 Plus ongoing review Microsoft’s HoloLens 2 feels like practical magic Mobile World Congress 2019 Jul 9 • Killer cameras and battery life might meet their match in the Note 10 Preview • Motorola Razr Jun 1 • The Nubia Alpha looks like either a house arrest bracelet or Batman’s phone 8 reading • Motorola will sell its first foldable phone, likely the Razr, this summer Images from a design patent filed by Motorola in 2017. The filing went public in December. Motorola – Photo illustration by Ian Knighton/CNET Motorola is jumping into foldable phones. And it’s likely doing it with one of the most iconic names in the business. Motorola, a unit of Chinese consumer electronics giant Lenovo, plans to sell its foldable smartphone in the summer, according to a person familiar with the company’s plans. The person said the design would be unlike the Samsung Galaxy Fold, which debuted last week, or the Huawei Mate X, which was shown off at the MWC Barcelona show on Sunday. Lenovo Motorola Samsung
2 min read Once upon a time, serving bananas flambé — complete with fire leaping out of the pan — was an impressive way to end a dinner party. But soon, there could be an even crazier option: bringing your desktop 3-D printer to the table and serving up 3-D printed dessert made out of Nutella.Waterloo, Canada-based company Structur3D Printing has created a printer attachment called a “paste extruder” that works with most 3-D printer models and allows makers to create 3-D printed items with a variety of soft materials.Related: With $6.4 Million in New Funding, This 3-D Printed Insole Maker Is Looking HotA Kickstarter campaign for the tool launched today and has already surpassed its initial financial target. The team was hoping to raise $30,000 Canadian dollars (CAD) and, as of 2 p.m. ET, the team had already raised more than $32,500 CAD.The company intends to use the funds to produce at least 100 paste extruder units.With the attachment, which you get with a $249 CAD pledge to the campaign, you can print objects with silicone, polyurethane, wood filler, clay, ceramics, icing sugar, Nutella or conductive paint. The goal is to give inventors and makers the ability to use more than just plastic in their existing 3-D printers, allowing them to be more creative and save money as they experiment with prototypes. The plastic filament typically required in first generation 3-D printers is expensive.Related: Beyond Novelty: Architects in Amsterdam Are 3-D Printing an Entire House“There have been 3-D printers specifically designed to print different types of food or silicone. Our product is different, because we’re allowing you to make use of the printer you already have at home,” the Kickstarter campaign reads.The Discov3ry paste extruder is compatible with desktop 3-D Printers manufactured by MakerBot, Ultimaker and printrbot, among other popular brands.Related: 3-D Printers Take a Step Toward the MainstreamCheck out the video embedded below of the Discov3ry paste extruder being used with Nutella. Growing a business sometimes requires thinking outside the box. Free Webinar | Sept. 9: The Entrepreneur’s Playbook for Going Global June 10, 2014 Register Now »