zoomImage Courtesy: StealthGas LPG shipping company StealthGas has entered into a small scale joint venture agreement with a third party investor in an effort to further growth its fleet.Under the agreement, the investor acquired a 49.9% interest in two of StealthGas’ vessel owning companies and therefore gaining co-ownership and joint control of the Gas Defiance and the Gas Shuriken.Furthermore, the company expects additional co-investments in acquisitions of small LPG vessels from the second-hand market or its own fleet.“This agreement provides us with access to liquidity and additional capital for growth at a time when capital markets funding is not an attractive alternative, especially when our shares trade at a significant discount to NAV,” the company informed.The company unveiled the development in its 2018 financial report.StealthGas delivered a net loss of USD 5.3 milion in the fourth quarter of 2018, compared to a net income of USD 0.7 million in the same period of last year. Revenues were at USD 38.5 million, rising by 0.3% from a year ago despite decreased voyage days and weaker than anticipated spot rates.For the full year of 2018, StealthGas’ net loss reached USD 12.3 million, compared to a net loss of USD 1.2 million reported in 2017, while revenues increased to USD 164.3 million from USD 154.3 million year-on-year, primarily due to improved market conditions.“Demand for LPG is strong, the orderbook is very low and time charter rates for those contracts being fixed have remained at high levels notwithstanding the Asian market slow down. This leads us to conclude that the solid market fundamentals will eventually lead to a market correction,” Michael Jolliffe, StealthGas Board Chairman, said.Additionally, the small scale joint venture agreement with a third party investor “not only enhances our liquidity further but most importantly provides an opportunity for further company growth at a time when our segment’s basic fundamentals look promising,” Jolliffe concluded.
The WBO completed its review of Timothy Bradley’s controversial split-decision victory against Manny Pacquiao with its five-member international judging panel all scoring the fight for Pacquiao, even though the official result of a Bardley split-decision win will stand.Pacquiao told The Associated Press from the Philippines on Thursday that he would prefer a rematch rather than Bradley giving up the WBO welterweight title that he won on a split decision because “people may think I just usurped it.”Bradley’s victory on June 9 instantly became one of the most controversial decisions in boxing history. While judges Duane Ford and C.J. Ross both had Bradley winning 115-113, Jerry Roth scored it 115-113 for Pacquiao, who suffered his first defeat since 2005.“My supporters shouldn’t worry. We’re going to get that title,” said Pacquiao, who has the option of an immediate rematch with Bradley in his contract.The HBO broadcasters and nearly every media member at ringside had Pacquiao winning. The crowd at the MGM Grand booed the decision heavily and there was fan outrage around the world from people believing Pacquiao clearly had won.In the aftermath of the fight, WBO president Francisco “Paco” Valcarcel, whose organization sanctioned the title match, said he would have five judges review the video of the bout. On Wednesday, the results of that review were released. The five judges, whom Valcarcel said are accomplished judges with world title experience — but whose names were not disclosed — scored the fight for Pacquiao, 118-110, 117-111, 117-111, 116-112 and 115-113.Valcarcel said the WBO has no authority to change the result. But given the outcome of the panel’s review of the fight, he will order a rematch if Top Rank promoter Bob Arum declines to put on a second fight, or if Pacquiao opts not to exercise his rematch clause.Top Rank and Pacquiao, however, simply could move on to another fight that just would not be for the WBO title.“We can’t change the result but we did this review for two reasons,” Valcarcel told ESPN.com. “If they want to make a rematch, we will approve the rematch and if they don’t, we will order one. Also, we wanted to show (the Nevada State Athletic Commission) that they could bring in other officials from outside of Nevada who can also do a fine job judging fights. It’s good to have different officials.”
Liverpool offer of £61m for Benfica teenager Joao Felix has been turned down according to reports.According to Correio da Manha Benfica turned down the offer by Liverpool and are believed to have included a £105m buy-out clause in the teenager’s latest contract.Felix has scored six times in 17 appearances for Benfica in the 2018-19 campaign.Virgil van Dijk praises Roberto Firmino after Liverpool’s win Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Virgil van Dijk hailed team-mate Roberto Firmino after coming off the bench to inspire Liverpool to a 3-1 comeback win against Newcastle United.Sports mole report that Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain, Barcelona and Monaco are all monitoring the progress of the youngster and are also keen to land him a deal should there be a chance.Liverpool are currently top of the English Premier league table with four points ahead of closest rivals Manchester City. They face Cystal Palace on Saturday while Manchester city travel to Huddersfield in a make or mar encounter that could see them maintain the close pursuit on Liverpool or widen the margin.Liverpool also face Bayern Munich in a UEFA champions league round of 16 tie.
00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsESCONDIDO (KUSI) – Police believe an early morning fire at an Escondido mosque may have been caused by arson, an officer said.The fire was reported around 3 a.m. at the Islamic Center of Escondido, according to Escondido Police Lt. Scott Walters. The mosque is on West Sixth Avenue near South Escondido Boulevard.Seven people were inside the building when they noticed a fire had been set to the outside of the mosque, Escondido Police Lt. Chris Lick said. They were able to get the blaze out with a fire extinguisher and called 911.None of the seven saw who set the fire. No one was injured, and the fire only caused minor exterior damage.Graffiti was left on the building making reference to the terrorist attacks that killed 50 people at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, earlier this month, Lick said.Detectives were investigating the incident as an arson and a possible hate crime.“Our message to community is to make sure they keep a watchful eye out,” Lick said. “If they see something suspicious, especially around a house of worship, they should call police.” Posted: March 24, 2019 Fire at Islamic Center of Escondido may have been caused by arson March 24, 2019 Updated: 11:45 AM KUSI Newsroom Categories: Good Morning San Diego, Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter KUSI Newsroom,
18% Digital magazines may seem old hat to some but they compare favorably to other electronic media when it comes to advertising and reader experiences, according to a new survey called “The Case of Advertising in Interactive Digital Magazines,” by Josh Gordon, founder of Smarter Media Sales. The survey is based on 5,612 questionnaires taken from subscribers to the following digital magazines: Grand, HipCompass Escapes, HorseLink, Outside Go!, PopSci Genius Guide, Premier Guitar, VIVmag and Winding Road. Nxtbook Media and VIVmag (published by Zinio) sponsored the survey. Readers Less Likely to Ignore Ads in Digital Editions? According to the survey, 70 percent of the readers of the digital editions that participated in the study were less likely to ignore display ads in digital editions than on Web sites (30 percent said they were more likely to pay attention to display ads on Web sites). While Web sites generate more impressions, digital editions tend to promote a longer user experience. Julian Lloyd Evans, managing director of advertising at Dennis Publishing (publisher of online magazine Monkey) told Gordon that on average, interactive magazines are viewed for 20 to 30 minutes while the average Web site visit is eight to nine minutes. Digital magazines 29% More useful info:81% More visually appealing:83% 20% Easier to read:80% More trustworthy:71% 22% 17% 21% More fun:82% Digital magazines 35% Invites involvement:80% Less intrusive:71% 17% 45% Has more content:55% 19% 20% More credible:79% Web sites More fun to read:85% More trustworthy:79% The Role of Digital ExtrasWhen it comes to reading the digital edition, digital “extras” can often spark interest in an article the reader may have otherwise ignored. About one in five respondents said they play the digital extra before moving on to another article, while 28.1 percent said they will read a bit of the article and then play the digital extra before moving on to the next article. Forty-four percent of respondents said digital extras give articles they had no interest in a second chance to be read. Which of the following “digital extras” have enhanced your reading experience of digital magazines the most?Videos: 75%Extra Photos: 58%Slide shows: 37.4%Audio: 35.7%Flash animation: 30.6% More authoritative:78% More focused experience:80% 29% 20% 15% 27% Better organized:78% The study also found that respondents found ads in digital magazines more helpful than ads in other electronic media. Ads in digital magazines were named the most interesting, followed by TV ads (mobile phone ads were ranked the least interesting). Which forms of electronic advertising do you find helpful or interesting? Ads in digital magazines: 63.2%Television ads: 53.8%Radio ads: 34.8%E-mails: 22.4%Ads in e-mail newsletters: 20.6%Website banner ads: 16.4%Website pop-up ads: 2.3%Ads on mobile phone: 1.9%Reader Experience According to the survey, 82 percent of respondents say digital magazines were “more engaging” than Web sites with similar content (compared to 18 percent who chose the web sites). In terms of overall reading experience, readers chose digital magazines over Web sites (Gordon notes that in some areas, digital editions are perceived to offer more content than Web sites even though they typically offer less, and that readers of digital editions are more accepting of digital extras, like video and flash animation). 21% More authoritative:65% Web sites Look forward to it more:83% 22% Seventy-one percent of respondents said ads on digital editions were less intrusive than Web sites (where reader action is often very goal-oriented) while 79 percent said ads in digital editions were more credible. How would you compare your reaction to display ads in digital magazines with banner ads? Easier to read:73%
Two analysts argue that House Armed Services Chairman Mac Thornberry’s proposal to eliminate seven defense support agencies as part of an effort to cut $25 billion in annual spending from Pentagon overhead would have the paradoxical impact of hampering DOD’s ability to trim waste in the future. By shuttering the Office of Economic Adjustment, the plan would make it more difficult to close unneeded facilities, state William Hartung, director of the Arms and Security Project at the Center for International Policy, and Miriam Pemberton, a federal budgeting expert and an associate fellow at the Institute for Policy Studies, in separate op-eds.“Going after military waste, Rep. Thornberry wants to shut down the agency whose job it is to help the Pentagon get rid of expensive bases it doesn’t need or want. Tell me what sense this makes,” Pemberton says. OEA has helped communities convert excess military bases into new civilian uses while replacing most of the lost civilian jobs, both point out.“Eliminating the agency will enable waste writ large, on a scale larger than anything that might be saved by reducing bureaucracy alone,” Hartung says. He describes the proposal as “a faux reform plan that is the policy equivalent of rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.”DOD photo by Army Sgt. James McCann Dan Cohen AUTHOR
Tags Now playing: Watch this: See All More from MWC 2019 May 13 • Galaxy S10E vs. iPhone XR: Every spec compared 35 Photos The device is almost certainly a revival of the Razr brand, which The Wall Street Journal reported would be coming back with a $1,500 price tag. Engadget on Wednesday confirmed that the phone was coming.The summer launch puts it squarely in between the launch of the Galaxy Fold, slated for April 26, and the Mate X, which will launch around the middle of the year, and further highlights the burgeoning trend of foldable phones. The devices garnered tons of buzz and were the talk of a reinvigorated MWC at a time when interest in phones were starting to mature.Unlike the Galaxy Fold or Mate X, which fold out into larger displays, the Razr’s design, based on schematics from a patent filing discovered by blog 91Mobiles, flips down into a smaller device like the original Razr. News • Forget the Galaxy Fold and Mate X, the Motorola Razr is the foldable phone to beat Phones The design has some advantages, including protection of the display once it’s folded down. If it mimics the original phone, it’ll be much more compact too. But it’s unclear if consumers want to fold away their display. Samsung and Huawei are banking on people preferring the option of the larger display. The original Razr was one of the most recognizable brands and helped drive Motorola’s success for years during the flip phone era. The ultra-thin phone first started off at the then-outrageous price of $500 as an exclusive phone for Cingular Wireless (now AT&T.) It was one of the most successful phones in history, selling more than 50 million units within two years of its debut.Motorola, however, couldn’t capitalize on the success of the Razr, and fell further behind as the industry moved on to more sophisticated phones. Google purchased Motorola in 2012, and then resold it two years later to Lenovo. Motorola has made its mark largely on well-outfitted budget phones like the Moto G franchise and its Moto Z franchise, which is upgradable to 5G via a Moto Mod attachment.Now, Lenovo has a chance to reinvigorate the Motorola brand with the Razr once more.The story originally published on Feb. 27 at 5:25 p.m. PT. Update, Feb. 28 at 4 a.m. PT: To include additional details on prior phones. Galaxy Fold vs. Huawei Mate X: CNET editors react $146 Review • Motorola Razr V3xx Share your voice • Mentioned Above Motorola Special Edition Black Razr V3 (AT&T) See it Mobile World Congress 2019 Huawei Mate X triple threat: Foldable phone with 5G, lots of cameras Motorola Razr Mobile World Congress 2019 Jun 29 • Galaxy S10 5G, OnePlus 7 Pro LG V50 ThinQ 5G: Why you shouldn’t rush to buy a 5G phone CNET may get a commission from retail offers. 9:54 Comments Galaxy Fold vs. Huawei Mate X: Battle of the foldable phones Galaxy S10 Plus ongoing review Microsoft’s HoloLens 2 feels like practical magic Mobile World Congress 2019 Jul 9 • Killer cameras and battery life might meet their match in the Note 10 Preview • Motorola Razr Jun 1 • The Nubia Alpha looks like either a house arrest bracelet or Batman’s phone 8 reading • Motorola will sell its first foldable phone, likely the Razr, this summer Images from a design patent filed by Motorola in 2017. The filing went public in December. Motorola – Photo illustration by Ian Knighton/CNET Motorola is jumping into foldable phones. And it’s likely doing it with one of the most iconic names in the business. Motorola, a unit of Chinese consumer electronics giant Lenovo, plans to sell its foldable smartphone in the summer, according to a person familiar with the company’s plans. The person said the design would be unlike the Samsung Galaxy Fold, which debuted last week, or the Huawei Mate X, which was shown off at the MWC Barcelona show on Sunday. Lenovo Motorola Samsung
As the final deadline to reapply for DACA passes, a group of “Dreamers” and their allies rallied Thursday for new legislation.Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals — more commonly called DACA — is an Obama-era immigration initiative providing protections for undocumented individuals who arrived in America as minors. Those that qualify are often called Dreamers.The policy was rescinded by the Trump administration, and may be phased out completely by March 2018. Now, a group called United We Dream is holding demonstrations and calling for a new “Dream” bill to be put before Congress by the end of 2017.Watch the video above to see their rally in front of Senator John Cornyn’s Houston office. Share
By Hamil R. Harris, Special to the AFROThe titans of Prince George’s county were gathered at the Gaylord National Harbor to honor new, innovative and community legends during the 2018 Chamber of Commerce Excellence in Business Awards Gala.Rep. Steny Hoyer, County Executive Rushern Baker and State’s Attorney Angela Alsobrooks, and many new and veteran leaders were among those honored at an event that celebrated business in the county.County Executive Rushern Baker and State’s Attorney Angela Alsobrooks stand on stage at the 2018 Chamber of Commerce Excellence in Business Awards Gala. (Photo by Hamil Harris)“Tonight we are honoring the best of the best,” said NBC 4 anchor Leon Harris, who joined Praise 104’s Cheryl Jackson to host a three-hour event that honored business and civic leaders who have been transforming the county into a vibrant example of economic prosperity.Looking across a room filled with lawmakers and business leaders dressed to the nines, David C. Harrington, president and CEO of the Prince George’s Chamber of Commerce exuded so much pride as he welcomed people to an event in the RiverView Ballroom.“Tonight is about you! Your accomplishments, your persistence and your service on enhancing Prince George’s quality of life,” Harrington wrote in the gala program presented by Kaiser Permanente.Brunson Cooper, managing director of Corenic Construction, received the Millennial Entrepreneur of the year; Donna Cooper, president of Pepco, was named Business Woman of the Year; 2U was named Business of the Year, J.D. Clark Professional Services was named Small Business of the Year and Tonia Wellons, vice-president of Community Investment was named Community Leader of the Year.The night was a time to celebrate as well as a time to remember. Baker and Alsobrooks joined the Prince George’s County Police to honor Sgt. MuJahid A. Ramzziddin, who gave his life trying to help a victim of domestic violence. His widow accepted the award.NGEN received the IT Company of the Year; Dewberry was honored as Innovative Business of the Year; and two firms, Team Durant and the Metro Points Hotel, received Community Partner Awards.Inducted into the Chambers Hall of Fame was Dr. Charlene Dukes, president of Prince George’s Community College; Thomas Graham, the retired president of Pepco Holdings and B. Doyle Mitchell, CEO of Industrial Bank.Hoyer, who is in his 38th year in Congress, received the Trailblazer Award and he used the occasion to tell people wherever he goes that he is, “from Prince George’s County,” and not “PG,” he said. “You don’t call Prince William County PW County. We are a model for the rest of the country.”Baker also received a “Special Award,” and used the occasion to praise “the best wife in the world,” and to talk about how far the county has come since he took office.Baker said that he was confident that with the election of Alsobrooks as the county executive the county is being put into good hands. “I am so happy,” Baker said.