The WBO completed its review of Timothy Bradley’s controversial split-decision victory against Manny Pacquiao with its five-member international judging panel all scoring the fight for Pacquiao, even though the official result of a Bardley split-decision win will stand.Pacquiao told The Associated Press from the Philippines on Thursday that he would prefer a rematch rather than Bradley giving up the WBO welterweight title that he won on a split decision because “people may think I just usurped it.”Bradley’s victory on June 9 instantly became one of the most controversial decisions in boxing history. While judges Duane Ford and C.J. Ross both had Bradley winning 115-113, Jerry Roth scored it 115-113 for Pacquiao, who suffered his first defeat since 2005.“My supporters shouldn’t worry. We’re going to get that title,” said Pacquiao, who has the option of an immediate rematch with Bradley in his contract.The HBO broadcasters and nearly every media member at ringside had Pacquiao winning. The crowd at the MGM Grand booed the decision heavily and there was fan outrage around the world from people believing Pacquiao clearly had won.In the aftermath of the fight, WBO president Francisco “Paco” Valcarcel, whose organization sanctioned the title match, said he would have five judges review the video of the bout. On Wednesday, the results of that review were released. The five judges, whom Valcarcel said are accomplished judges with world title experience — but whose names were not disclosed — scored the fight for Pacquiao, 118-110, 117-111, 117-111, 116-112 and 115-113.Valcarcel said the WBO has no authority to change the result. But given the outcome of the panel’s review of the fight, he will order a rematch if Top Rank promoter Bob Arum declines to put on a second fight, or if Pacquiao opts not to exercise his rematch clause.Top Rank and Pacquiao, however, simply could move on to another fight that just would not be for the WBO title.“We can’t change the result but we did this review for two reasons,” Valcarcel told ESPN.com. “If they want to make a rematch, we will approve the rematch and if they don’t, we will order one. Also, we wanted to show (the Nevada State Athletic Commission) that they could bring in other officials from outside of Nevada who can also do a fine job judging fights. It’s good to have different officials.”
The All India Football Federation (AIFF) have announced they’ve accepted Stephen Constantine’s resignationThe English coach had been in charge of India for the last four years in what was his second spell with the national team.But a 1-0 defeat to Bahrain on Monday ended India’s hopes of reaching the knockout stages of the Asian Cup for the first time in their history after Jamal Rashed’s injury-time penalty.The result left India eliminated by finishing bottom of Group A with Constantine announcing his resignation to the press afterwards.“We haven’t received any official communication from him yet but we accept his decision and thank him for his contribution to Indian football,” read a statement from the AIFF General Secretary, Kushal Das, on Twitter.AIFF wants to change the face of Indian football Manuel R. Medina – August 7, 2019 The All India Football Federation (AIFF) is working closely with FIFA in order to fix the state of football in the country that has two first division football leagues.“Mr Stephen Constantine has announced his resignation as the Head Coach of the Indian National Team.“We haven’t received any official communication from him yet but we accept his decision and thank him for his contribution to Indian football.”Mr. @StephenConstan has announced his resignation as the Head Coach of the Indian National Team. We haven’t received any official communication from him yet but we accept his decision & thank him for his contribution to #Indianfootball: Mr. Kushal Das, General Secretary, AIFF pic.twitter.com/S792tJ6r1h— Indian Football Team (@IndianFootball) January 14, 2019
Liverpool offer of £61m for Benfica teenager Joao Felix has been turned down according to reports.According to Correio da Manha Benfica turned down the offer by Liverpool and are believed to have included a £105m buy-out clause in the teenager’s latest contract.Felix has scored six times in 17 appearances for Benfica in the 2018-19 campaign.Virgil van Dijk praises Roberto Firmino after Liverpool’s win Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Virgil van Dijk hailed team-mate Roberto Firmino after coming off the bench to inspire Liverpool to a 3-1 comeback win against Newcastle United.Sports mole report that Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain, Barcelona and Monaco are all monitoring the progress of the youngster and are also keen to land him a deal should there be a chance.Liverpool are currently top of the English Premier league table with four points ahead of closest rivals Manchester City. They face Cystal Palace on Saturday while Manchester city travel to Huddersfield in a make or mar encounter that could see them maintain the close pursuit on Liverpool or widen the margin.Liverpool also face Bayern Munich in a UEFA champions league round of 16 tie.
NORTHWEST MIAMI-DADE, FLA. (WSVN) – A duo was captured on camera working to steal the company truck from a South Florida business.Surveillance video captured one of the crooks as he used bolt cutters and an electric saw to break through the gate at a roofing company in Northwest Miami-Dade, along Northwest 98th Street and Seventh Avenue, Friday.His accomplice then managed to get into the business.That’s when they hot-wired one of the company’s trucks and took off.“We’re at the peak of the season, and it’s obviously one of the vehicles we depend on to carry on for the work, so it hurt us,” said employee Carlos Piti. “OK, it sets us back, and of course, it costs us money to replace.”If you see this truck, or have any information on this burglary, call Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-TIPS. Remember, you can always remain anonymous, and you may be eligible for a $1,000 reward.Copyright 2019 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Originally published May 19. Now that the Game of Thrones is finally played out, how will you fill your time? You could watch some of the best fantasy and action TV shows already available, or you could go back to George R.R. Martin’s novels when he gets round to completing the Song of Ice and Fire series that inspired HBO’s smash hit. But then what?Luckily there’s no shortage of epic fantasy, sci-fi and thriller books being adapted into movies and TV shows in the coming months and years. From beloved classics to contemporary best-sellers, these are some of the adaptations that will challenge Game of Thrones’ crown to become your new obsession.Dune Call Me By Your Name star Timothy Chalamet leads the glittering cast in a new version of Dune. Robyn Beck/AFP/Getty Images The cult 1984 movie and 2000 miniseries have their fans, but in November 2020 we’re being treated to a new big-screen version of Frank Herbert’s classic novel. In the far future of humanity, Duke Leto Atreides and his son Paul battle over life-giving spice with the venal Baron Harkonnen on the desert world of Arrakis. After reimagining Blade Runner 2049, acclaimed director Denis Villeneuve takes on another sci-fi classic with the help of a galaxy of stars: Timothée Chalamet, Rebecca Ferguson, Oscar Isaac, Josh Brolin, Zendaya, Jason Momoa and Javier Bardem are among those involved. Share your voice 2019 movies to geek out over Post a comment FoundationIsaac Asimov’s seminal Foundation series is coming to Apple’s streaming service, Apple TV Plus. Beginning as a series of short stories in 1942, the Foundation books make up a vast, dense sci-fi saga about scientists trying to stave off an oncoming dark age. The 10-episode series is being developed by Josh Friedman, the man behind the Terminator TV series, and David Goyer, co-writer of the Dark Knight movies.Who Fears DeathGame of Thrones fans will be interested to know George R.R. Martin is an executive producer on HBO’s show based on the 2015 novel by Nnedi Okorafor. The post-apocalyptic afrofuturist story follows young Onyesonwu on a quest to find her father — a sorceror who raped her mother. It’s being adapted by Twilight Zone writer Selwn Seyfu Hinds. Good OmensMichael Sheen and David Tennant enjoy Good Omens. Chris Raphael David Tennant and Michael Sheen are perfectly cast as a demon and an angel throwing a wrench in the works of the apocalypse in Good Omens on Amazon. The miniseries is based on the devilishly funny 1990 novel by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman about the delightful shenanigans that ensue when the antichrist accidentally grows up with the wrong family. While many others on this list are still in development, Good Omens premieres soon, on May 31.Lord of the Rings Amazon paid a quarter of a billion dollars for the rights to a new TV show based on JRR Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings stories, because who hasn’t looked at Peter Jackson’s movie series and thought, yeah it’s OK but it could be longer. Rumors suggest Amazon Video’s series could be set in the distant history of Middle-earth, years before the events of The Hobbit, The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and The Return of the King. We’ll find out in 2021.The RookYoung Myfanwy Thomas can’t remember why she’s woken up surrounded by dead bodies. But it’s probably got something to do with a secret service for humans with weird abilities in this supernatural spy thriller based on the novel by Daniel O’Malley. Emma Greenwell, Joely Richardson and Olivia Munn star in this TV show premiering on Starz June 30.ArmadaThe runaway success of Ernest Cline’s novel Ready Player One guaranteed his next book, Armada, was bought by Universal Pictures before it was even published. The book follows high school student Zack Lightman as he suspects his favorite online game is a sophisticated simulator training him to face a very real alien invasion.GormenghastIt was adapted by the BBC in 2000, but this time Neil Gaiman and Akiva Goldsman are involved in a new adaptation of the baroque novels by Mervyn Peake. Murder and betrayal ensue as the rightful heir Titus Groan to Castle Gormenghast challenges the scheming Steerpike.His Dark MaterialsForget the underwhelming 2007 movie version of The Golden Compass. This planned BBC adaptation is a TV show, which should give the space and depth for a satisfying take on Philip Pullman’s novels Northern Lights, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass. Steered by some of the producers behind Doctor Who, the story follows young Lyra in an adventure spanning twisted parallel versions of our reality. Logan’s Dafne Keen stars as Lyra with James McAvoy and Lin-Manuel Miranda. Now playing: Watch this: 77 Photos 0 2019 TV shows you can’t miss Tags The Kingkiller Chronicle Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda and cult director Sam Raimi are reportedly overseeing TV and movie adaptations of this recent series by author Patrick Rothfuss. First released in 2007, The Name of the Wind and sequel The Wise Man’s Fear recount the memoirs of musician and magician Kvothe. Like Game of Thrones, the final book, called The Doors of Stone, has yet to be published.Consider Phlebas Amazon boss Jeff Bezos gave a personal stamp of approval to the announcement that Amazon’s streaming service is adapting Iain M. Banks’ 1987 novel, the first in the Culture series. These weighty space opera stories are set in a utopian society in which civilizations awkwardly co-exist with each other and with artificial intelligence, while spaceships have names like “Prosthetic Conscience” and “No More Mr Nice Guy.”Game of Thrones prequelOK, so maybe nothing can replace Game of Thrones. If only Westeros will do, HBO has you covered with a planned Game of Thrones prequel series set centuries before the hit show. Game of Thrones season 8 episode 5: Everybody hurts 6:20 50 Photos TV and Movies Game of Thrones
21 august grenade attack. File PhotoA Dhaka court is scheduled to start hearing the closing arguments on 23 October in a case lodged over grenade attack at the rally of the then opposition leader Sheikh Hasina, now prime minister, in capital’s Bangabandhu Avenue on 21 August 2004, reports state-run BSS news agency.BNP senior vice chairman Tarique Rahman, Jamaat-e-Islami’s executed secretary general Ali Ahsan Mohammad Mojaheed, former state minister for home affairs Lutfuzzaman Babar were among others charge-sheeted in 2012 following a fresh investigation into the matter after Awami League (AL) government came to power in 2009.”Dhaka Speedy Trial Tribunal-1 is set to hear the arguments on 23, 24 and 25 October, to complete the trial over one of the most brutal and heinous attacks on political leaders and activists,” Syed Rezaur Rahman, chief prosecutor in the sensational case, told BSS.A total of 225 prosecution witnesses testified in the case, while 20 witnesses were produced by the defence.A total of 24 AL leaders and workers including the then Mahila Awami League president and wife of late president Zillur Rahman, Ivy Rahman, were killed and 500 others were injured in the attack. Sheikh Hasina and the front ranking leaders escaped the carnage narrowly.According to the case documents, then sub-inspector Faruk Hossain of Motijheel police station filed the case on 22 August 2004.Criminal Investigation Department (CID) senior ASP Fazlul Kabir on 11 June 2008, filed the charge sheet in the case against 22 people including chief of Bangladesh chapter of banned militant outfit Harkat-ul Jihad-al-Islami (HuJI) Mufti Abdul Hannan.Dhaka Speedy Trial Tribunal-1 on 3 August 2009, ordered further investigation, accepting a plea of the prosecution.New investigation officer and superintendant of police of CID Abdul Kahar Akand on 3 July 2011, filed two separate charge sheets, one for murder and another under explosive substances act, against total 52, including BNP senior vice chairman Tarique Rahman.”Of the total 52 accused, 18 are yet to be arrested, eight are on bail and the rest are behind the bars. Former Jamaat secretary general Ali Ahsan Mohammad Mujahid has been hanged in crimes against humanity case, while Mufti Hannan and his associate Shahidul Alam Bipul have been executed for 2004 grenade attack at Shah Jalal shrine in Sylhet and their names have been dropped from the case,” advocate Mosharraf Hossain Kajal, special public prosecutor, told BSS.Of the high profile accused in the case, former state minister for home affairs Lutfuzzaman Babar, former deputy minister for information Abdus Salam Pintu are in jail.Former top officials of police Ashraful Huda, Shahudul Haque, Khoda Boksh Chowdhury, SP Ruhul Amin, ASP Atikur Rahman and Abdur Rashid are on bail in the case.According to the intelligence sources, of the fugitives, Tarique Rahman is in London, Shah Mofazzal Hossain Kaikobad in the Middle East, Mohammad Hanif of Hanif Enterprise is in Kolkata, retired major general ATM Amin in the USA, retired lieutenant colonel Saiful Islam Joardar in Canada, Ratul Babu in India, Anisul Morsalin and Mohibul Mottakin are in Indian jail and Mawala Tazuddin is in South Africa.
Kolkata: Calling the 2019 Lok Sabha poll a “scandalous election”, Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee on Friday demanded that electoral reforms should be carried out immediately and there should be a collegium to select the members of the Election Commission of India.Banerjee said the general election was “the most scandalous election in view of the muscle and money power that had been used. To stop this, electoral reforms should be made.” Also Read – Rs 13,000 crore investment to provide 2 lakh jobs: MamataIt may be mentioned that Banerjee had been demanding electoral reforms for over a decade. She reiterated that a thorough search should be conducted into the allegations of EVM tampering. Banerjee said a fact-finding committee should be set up immediately to find out how much money BJP had spent during the elections. “Sometime I hear that BJP had spent Rs 27,000 crore during the elections. Electoral bonds worth Rs 370 crore had been sold from the main branch of the State bank of India between May 6 and May 24. We do not know who the buyers are. I had told repeatedly during my election speeches that huge amounts of money were being smuggled to the districts by BJP leaders. What I had said then is now coming true,” she said. Also Read – Lightning kills 8, injures 16 in stateBanerjee said a nationwide campaign should be carried out by all the political parties, raising the demand of setting up a fact-finding committee. She said the committee should probe into the allegation that many Electronic Voting Machines had gone missing. She added that a collegium should be set up to select the Election Commission members. “Three members had been nominated and they conducted the election. All the Opposition parties had made several complaints but they had refused to listen,” Banerjee said.