Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has warned Dries Mertens and Jose Callejon over leaving the club and taking up reported offers in the Chinese Super League.The duo have been linked with potentially lucrative moves to Asia with both Mertens and Callejon coming off contract in Serie A at the end of the season.With both players now 32, De Laurentiis stressed he won’t be offering them more than what they’re worth and believes moving to China for the money would be a mistake. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Ox-rated! Dream night in Genk for Liverpool ace after injury nightmare Messi a man for all Champions League seasons – but will this really be Barcelona’s? Are Chelsea this season’s Ajax? Super-subs Batshuayi & Pulisic show Blues can dare to dream Time for another transfer? Giroud’s Chelsea spell set to end like his Arsenal career “I’m absolutely not prepared to make a major effort for them,” De Laurentiis told Sky Sport Italia . “Each player has a value, depending on where they play, how they play, how old they are and what they do.”If they want to sell themselves out in China, overpaid to live a life of sh*t for two or three years, it’s their problem. I can’t consider China to be competitive. China’s far away. If they consider it to be close, it’s their problem.”In life, you have to choose whether to be happy and find a job you enjoy doing or work just for money. For me, money is a means and not an end; if it’s an end for them then they should go to China.”De Laurentiis also said Napoli captain Lorenzo Insigne must “change his attitude” as he threw his support behind head coach Carlo Ancelotti.Amid reports of a tense relationship between Insigne and Ancelotti, De Laurentiis stressed the club captain must become more peaceful. “I didn’t fight with Ancelotti, he can stay here for another 10 years. In cinema, my relationships, like my one with [director Carlo] Verdone, last a long time,” he said. “Insigne’s an excellent sportsman, but he must stay calm, change his attitude and lay off certain things. He’s always had an attitude of discomfort in Naples. I understand him, I protect him and I like him a lot, but he’s always found his situation in Naples to be uncomfortable.”Therefore, I just want to say that he needs to calm down and become a more peaceful person, but that’s his problem. Neither [agent Mino] Raiola nor Ancelotti can resolve that.”He’s a great player and he can be in good form or bad form. If he’s less so, it’s up to the coach not to play him. Insigne can’t come out cracking jokes or with an ‘almost’ defiant attitude. The coach is a family man, 60 years old, and won’t tell you to get lost because he’s three times your age.”Napoli are currently fourth in Serie A and face Verona at home on Saturday.
The Met Office issued widespread warnings for snow and ice that remain in place until Wednesday.Meteorologist Craig Snell said: “It’s going to be a cold week, plenty of dry weather around, but many places will probably see some snow at some point during the week, but for a lot of us not really amounting to much at all.“Probably one of our coldest weeks of this winter so far, but snowfall wise, doesn’t really look too disruptive at this stage.” The Local Government Association said 1.5 million tonnes of salt had been stockpiled in preparation for these icy conditions.Transport spokesman councillor Martin Tett told the BBC: “Gritters will be out treating thousands of miles of roads as the big chill bites, and councils will be keeping people up-to-date about weather forecasts, road conditions and gritting activity.”He advised that people should look in on elderly and vulnerable neighbours who may need assistance in the cold weather. A yellow weather warning for sleet and snow is in place for Scotland and northern England Credit:James Jagger/Alamy Live News A yellow weather warning for sleet and snow is in place for Scotland and northern England until Tuesday afternoon and further warnings are in place until Wednesday morning for the west of the UK. The coldest week of the year began with travel chaos as temperatures plummeted to -6C and snowfall triggered multiple pile ups.Delays of 90 minutes were recorded on the M25 as two lorries collided, as well as a seven car pile up on the M20.There were numerous motorway crashes in the early hours of this morning after a sudden flurry of snow and icy conditions, as forecasters predict lows of -14C this week in the UK.Drivers were stuck on the M25 after two lorries collided at the Dartford Crossing causing major delays.Police confirmed there had been multiple incidents on the M20 between junctions eight and nine. One incident involved seven cars with one vehicle spotted on its roof, no one was injured. Want the best of The Telegraph direct to your email and WhatsApp? Sign up to our free twice-daily Front Page newsletter and new audio briefings. 1.5 million tonnes of salt had been stockpiled in preparation for these icy conditionsCredit:Guy Corbishley/Alamy Live News Met Office operation meteorologist Martin Bowles added: “The band of snow which is over the UK will move south and east to impact north-west England and on Wednesday we can expect it to remain very cold, but we won’t see as much snow.“The Scottish mountains and hills will be the worst affected with 5cm of snow expected in places and a potential second wave 24 hours after.”It will be another chilly night for much of the country, while Wednesday will remain generally cold, crisp and sunny.A front of rain is expected to move through the country on Thursday, before the cold air swiftly returns. The Met Office issued widespread warnings for snow and ice that remain in place until WednesdayCredit:kentpoliceroads